Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Wrap Up

The Story Siren and Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Tuner came up with an End of 2010 Survey, and I thought it would be fun to participate! (This is me participating!) Basically it's about our reading experience through the year....

1. Best Book of 2010

This is such a hard question. I've read so many fantastic novels this year.... can I narrow it down to just one!?!?! If I had to pick one it would probably be Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. I haven't read the Mortal Instruments series yet, but holy smokes! I am so going to devour them now.
2. Worst Book of 2010

I don't think I read a "worst" book... sure there were some I wasn't too fond of, but none that I'd put under this category. Because that would just be, um, well, mean.

3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010

I would have to say Radiance by Alison Noel. I think I was disappointed because I absolutely adored Ever. Sadly, the subsequent novels seemed to lose a little something until my adoration all but fizzled out. I love the character Riley and I think I was expecting huge giant sparkly snarkly fireworks again. Neh.

4.Most Surprising Book (in a good way!) in 2010

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting. I've never really been into mysteries. There's no particular reason. We just never seemed to gel. UNTIL... The Body Finder totally blew me away. Not into mysteries? What was I thinking? Next please.

5. Book You Recommended to People Most in 2010

I would have to say Richelle Mead's The Vampire Academy series or Melissa Marr's books. They have a lot of crossover appeal and I just can't imagine anyone not going completely nutso for them.

6. Best Series Discovered in 2010

That would have to be Holly Black's Curse Workers Series. The White Cat rocked my socks off! Seriously. Red Glove cannot get here fast enough.

7. Favorite New Authors of 2010

Andrea Cremer, Jeri Smith-Ready, Stephanie Perkins, Sarah Beth Durst... and about a dozen more.

8. Most Hilarious Read of 2010

Probably a tie between Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and Enchanted Ivy by Sarah Beth Durst. Both had spectacular moments of hilarity, yet at the same time, touched on some real and serious issues.

9. Most Thrilling Unputdownable Book of 2010

I'm going to have to go with Nightshade By Andrea Cremer. I don't think I did put it down until it was finished. When I had to take care of those human issues, the book came with me. Yeah, I'm dedicated.

10. Book You Anticipated the Most for 2010

The follow-up book to Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush had me waiting on pins and needles. Crescendo was excellent, but Hush, Hush is still my fave. Also, the release date for Lesley Livingston's Tempestuous finally arrived. I was happy and sad. I love this series. Oh, why do things have to end? *sniff*

11. Favorite Cover of a Book You read in 2010

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce and Perchance to Dream by Lisa Mantchev.

12. Most Memorable Character in 2010

Evie in Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. She was fierce and fun! Oh, what the bleep! I wish I could be Evie.

13. Most Beautifully Written Book in 2010

Plain Kate by Erin Bow. The writing in the novel was mesmerizing. Truly.

14. Book that had the Greatest Impact on You in 2010

Heidi Kling's lovely little novel, Sea. I would like to read more about other cultures and far away places in YA books. I cannot adequately express how much I love this book. You'll just have to read it because if I start to list all the reasons, I'll just gush, I know it.

15. Book You Can't Believe You Waited Until 2010 to Finally Read

Laini Taylor's The Fairies of Dreamdark books one and two. Wow! I will read them again and again. Everything about these books is yummy-yum. I only regret that there are not more adventures to gobble up. Jacksmoke!

So, that's a wrap. Bring on the Elevensies!

No comments:

Post a Comment